Sir Owen Dixon Chambers has, since 2009, offered a Law Reporting Award to journalists.
In addition to the physical presentation of the Award the winner receives a cheque in the sum of $2,000.
Past winners of the Sir Owen Dixon Chambers Law Reporting Award are:
- 2009 Marsha Jacobs, Australian Financial Review
- 2010 Lisa Davies, The Daily Telegraph
- 2011 Les Kennedy (awarded posthumously), The Sun-Herald
- 2013 Joanne McCarthy, Newcastle Herald
- 2014 Kate McClymont, Sydney Morning Herald
- 2015 Paul Bibby, Sydney Morning Herald
- 2016 Natasha Robinson, ABC National Reporting Team
- 2017 Louise Milligan, ABC
- 2018 Deborah Snow, Sydney Morning Herald